Did I ever mention how much I dread doing leg presses? I can press my own weight now, but it comes with so much pain the next morning. I remember the first time I tried to press my weight (120 pounds) last month and I pinched a nerve. I stretched and did everything right after my workout, but didn’t soak my body in warm water to soothe my muscles.
The other night, right after my workout, I got home and jumped right in the tub and soaked my body in Adovia Dead Sea Bath Salt. The product claims that the minerals,
bring fast relief from aches, pains and bothersome skin conditions. Turn your bath into a pain relieving, rejuvenating spa with the potency and effectiveness of Dead Sea Bath Salt.
The Dead Sea Bath Salt contains magnesium, potassium, bromides and calcium chlorides. All of these minerals contribute to the therapeutic benefits, and reduces inflammation and discomfort – exactly what I need after a two hour workout. I dissolved one cup of the Dead Sea Bath Salt into a tub of warm/hot water. After soaking in the tub for 20 minutes, I followed up with a steamy shower. The next day, I was still in a bit of pain, but no where near what I experienced that last time I was at the gym…and a bonus? My skin felt super soft afterwards. (Retail: $24)
Mainly, I focus on abs because I want a tight core, but I do other workouts at the gym as well. I have not used a jump rope since I was in middle school, but I’ve been using one lately to work on my cardio. It’s a lightweight 10ft long cable and spins super fast. As a beginner, I was skeptical about this jump rope because it actually hurts if you miss a step and hit yourself by accident. You can imagine that a clumsy person like myself got hit a couple of times before I got it right. After a couple of tries, I got into the groove easily. I find the cable a bit too long, but it can be adjusted to suit the user’s height. According to the site:
- Rope Handle Turns at a 90 Degree angle to prevent tangling and bending.
- The Secret Sauce to Blasting Fat is by doing 50-100 jump ropes, a few times and a few minutes daily, anytime and anywhere!
- The rope is also very light, making it easy for beginners to master double and even triple unders.
- This is a wire rope so WIRE CUTTERS may be needed to cut the rope. Made of very tough material, meant to increase durability for the rope regardless of the environment you train in. Perfect for Cross Fitness Training, Boxing, Endurance Training & General Cardio
- PORTABLE – With the rope, you also get a nylon bag to carry it in so you can bring it with you everywhere and Start Jump Roping when you have a few moments!
I’m still excited for my ‘new year, new me’ body! 2015 is just two months in and I can’t wait until Summer is here.
Are you working out? What do you use to soothe your muscles after a workout? What tools do you use to workout with? Tell me in the comments section below!