No Makeup Update: Day 10

I know on day 7 I said everything was going smoothly, but it’s now day 10 of this ‘No Makeup Challenge‘ and I’m getting a bit restless. I’m 33% of the way there but it feels like an eternity away. I’ve been examining my face more closely and I’ve noticed some quirks that I never paid any attention to – like my eyebrows. One is a bit larger than the other and I realized that they have never ever been equal in size. Eyebrows in general are just strange to me. They’re just 2 patches of hair sitting on top of my eyes that serve no purpose. Maybe the Japanese were onto something years ago when they shaved off all their eyebrows. I don’t know. I also have really weird eyelashes. They lack a natural curl that I desire. Instead, they are pin straight and make my eyes look smaller than they actually are. I think this is why I am currently having makeup withdrawals. I love using mascara to open up my eyes and make them pop…even though my boyfriend thinks my eyes look the same with or without it. Mind you, this is the same person who dared me to do this challenge. Boys – they just don’t get it.

photoHere’s my NO MAKEUP: DAY 10 PHOTO

On the upside, my skin is also starting to look a bit better. I had one or two blemishes under my chin before I started this challenge but they are lightening up as the days go by…so that’s a relief. The bags and dark circles under my eyes are also clearing up a bit. With the combination of no makeup, lots of water, and sufficient sleep, I think my face… and body are thanking me.

One of the reasons why I am enjoying this challenge is because it has made me feel better about myself. It’s refreshing to know that I can walk outside and feel comfortable enough in my own skin to not want to cover it up with products. We are most beautiful in our natural state and I embrace that. It’s helping me get through this challenge. But every once in a while, I crack. I’m only human. I’ll see someone in the street with flawless makeup and it’ll make me want to run back home and unload my makeup stash. I just miss the creativeness of being able to try new looks and personalizing each one. I’ve completed 33% of this challenge so far. I’m so close to the finish line.

16 thoughts on “No Makeup Update: Day 10

1. Brigette Ramos says:

This is such a beautiful post! I’ve never heard of this challenge and I would have tried to do it but I work in cosmetics so that wouldn’t have been possible. You are a natural beauty, no makeup needed – just straight perfection! I cannot wait to see more of your updates, they are so empowering <3

• isortofbeauty says:

Thanks, doll! I’m literally counting down the days until the challenge is over but I’m also gaining a lot of confidence along the way. If you didn’t work in cosmetics, I would have asked you to join me! 🙂 xo

• isortofbeauty says:

Thank you 🙂 I’d love to see more women try it out too! My boyfriend has been trying to get me to stop wearing makeup for a while so he’s having a blast this month watching me. Lol

2. Megan L. says:

You are absolutely gorgeous both with and without makeup, so it’s crazy to me that this has been a difficult challenge. It just goes to show that even the most beautiful of women can feel a bit naked without their makeup on. So proud of you for doing this. xx

• isortofbeauty says:

Thanks so much for your sweet comment! I guess it’s difficult because I’m a creature of habit and I miss the routine. I have 21 more days left so we’ll see how it goes 🙂 xo

3. kristen says:

Love this post & challenge! I would like to try this! I kind of already do this, but halfway. I work from home so I will often stay makeup free until I go out/husband gets home/I get ready later in the afternoon. Your post has helped me think about WHY I do that- to hide my face or to enhance it? It’s so important to be confident in our own skin. It can be hard though when things are less than perfect (I have rosacea that sometimes flares). Anyways, you look stunning without makeup!

• isortofbeauty says:

Thanks so much Kristen! I think it helps that I have such a supportive boyfriend. I work around VERY pretty people so it can be a bit intimidating to walk around the office with a bare face… but I’m always reminded that I’m beautiful and I think that’s what helps me get through this challenge the most. I hope you’ll join me in this challenge! <3 xo

• isortofbeauty says:

Hi Kathy!
      Thanks for much for your sweet response! My hair is normally like that in the morning but I recommend using Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo to add a bit of volume. I use it in the morning whenever my hair is feeling/looking a bit dull. Have you tried teasing your hair instead of using heat products? Keep in touch. xo 🙂